Packaging & Assembly
With over 20 years of Optoelectronic expertise, CalSensors is the leading provider of custom designed optoelectronic detector packaging and contract manufacturing services specializing in Photodiode, VCSEL, APD, and Silicon Wafer devices.
- CalSensors assembly & test operations located in Santa Rosa, CA provides customers with onshore packaging services. Our customers return because we are a service oriented company-providing solutions that compliment the goals of our customers.
- Cal Sensors works along side customers to provide support during the design and conception and prototype phases through volume production recommending the most cost effective components to result in a quality, cost competitive assembly.
- CalSensors products are used in numerous emerging applications including both commercial and military markets around the world; Medical imaging, nuclear and industrial monitoring.
- CalSensors packaging expertise resides in specialized contract manufacturing with a foundation of proven processes developed over a period of twenty years. This includes engineers, and technicians who have decades of packaging experience. Cal Sensors equipment and tooling is used to assemble a wide range of hermetically sealed packages customized to meet stringent customer demands.
Along with supplying stand-alone CLRs, CalSensors photonics s provides cap/window assemblies, header/ CLR sub-assemblies. Our processes and procedures are used to assemble TO style and plug-in packages, caps, and lids that can incorporate heat pumps, optics, and sensors.
Our optoelectronic assemblies can include almost endless combinations of the required photonic device:
- TEC (Thermoelectric Cooler, Peltier, Solid-State Heat Pump) mounting
- Temperature sensor mounting and calibration
- Precision positioning of customer furnished APD’s, Diodes, VCSEL’s, Detectors, Die or other components
- Hermetic sealing or epoxy filling of packages
- Wire bonding
- Performance testing, inspection and certification.
- Custom requirements such as temperature cycling, leak testing and burn in are available.